Tuesday, January 4, 2011

To play with friends

My subscription ran out December 20th. I don't think I'd even logged in to check auctions for a few days before that.

I'm not renewing it. At least, not right now.

I've got other things I'm working on - my other massively nerdy hobbies, wrestling with the paperwork surrounding a transfer to the local state university, life with my husband, finally picking my major. And while I was thinking about all this stuff - and about how much I enjoy MMO gaming - I realized something. It's not fun unless I'm playing with my friends.

Why did I love repeatedly running Stratholme and Scholomance 5s at 60? Because I was doing it with friends. What made me get into raiding and raid-leading? It was something to do with my friends. Why did I stay in Legion and wipe on easy bosses in Black Temple instead of jumping ship and walking into Sunwell? Because I had more friends where I was than where I would have gone.

Why did I spend non-school nights for several weeks running staying up until 7 AM? Because at the time, that was when my friends were online.

Why did I buy this game in the first place?

My friends were playing it.

Why don't I like playing anymore? ...Because so FEW of my friends play it. Pugging normal 85 dungeons is torturous. Playing the economy holds no interest for me. I could join a guild and make new friends, but that cuts into the whole "having a life outside the computer desk" thing I've got going on. Twice-weekly practices for Massively Nerdy Hobby (tm) mean raid night options are the nights I'm going to be doing homework.

Man, I dunno where I'm even going with this anymore.

According to the nifty online auction tool thing, I've got about 500g of sold auctions I ought to clean out of assorted mailboxes. And then there's the RP story on Moon Guard I'm going to have to essentially abandon. My inner two-year-old is rebelling against the concept of spending $15 to log in for the half-hour it would take to wrap things up. And there's so many cooler things I can spend that $15 on...

Anyway, it's time for me to get some food and drive up to one of those practices. It's snowing lightly, so the trip shouldn't run me much more than 2 hours. I'll have time to re-tape my polearm and maybe do some knitting while I wait for everyone else to get there.

I'm gonna go play with my friends.

1 comment:

Belinha Ruiz said...

I am so happy to share this great testimony here that I was diagnosing stage IV colon cancer. I was looking for a solution on the internet and miraculously came across Dr. god hands, the powerful herbalist who cures numerous diseases such as thyroid cancer, uterine cancer, fibroid, angiopathy, ataxia, arthritis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, brain tumor, fibromyalgia, fluoroquinolone toxicity, head and neck cancer, Hodgkin's lymphoma
Intestinal cancer, Kidney cancer, Hpv, Lung cancer, Melanoma, Mesothelioma, Multiple myeloma, Neuroendocrine tumors
Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, Oral cancer, Ovarian cancer, Sinusitis cancer, Hepatitis A, B/C, Skin cancer, Soft tissue sarcoma, Pancreatic cancer, Spinal cancer, Stomach cancer,Love Spell, Vagina cancer, Vulva cancer,
Testicular cancer, Tach diseases, Leukemia, Liver cancer, Throat cancer,
Fibrodysplasia Syndrome Progressive Ossifier Sclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, chronic diarrhea, COPD, Parkinson's disease, Als, infectious Mononucleosis adrenocortical carcinoma. So I contacted him based on the testimonials I am seeing about him on the internet. I was also cured by him. Please contact him today by email as he can help you... doctorgodhands@gmail.com and his herbal medicines will define you as free of any human disease, all thanks to Dr. god hands for his kind help in my life, his mobile number Whatsapp: +2349057214220